Nothing like a warm beet soup to fill you up without making you feel sluggish during these cold winter days. There are many different types of beets (red, yellow, etc), feel free to experiment with various types to see which ones best suit your taste.
(serving size for 2-3 people)
4 Beets (cubed)
1 cup of leeks (diced)
4 cloves of garlic
2 potatoes (cubed)
1 tablespoon of oregano (diced)
2.5 cups of vegetable stock
- Cook beets (whole) in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes
- Warm olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in leeks and garlic; cook until soft for about 2 minutes.
- Add cut potatoes, and cook for 5 minute.
- Stir in vegetable stock and cubed beets and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt and cover let it simmer until the beets and potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add oregano and pepper. Stir and serve!