With this yummy salmon pesto dish, your dinner will be ready in 30 minutes! You can even use the leftover pesto to spread on your bread, or for salad dressing.
(The recipe below serves 2)
In general, I recommend marinating the salmon first, then start on the pesto to save time. You may also skip the marinate process if you are in a rush.
To make the pesto
- 1 cup of fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1/2 lemon of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of soaked almond or cashews (soak nuts in bowl of warm water x10 min)
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Add the parsley, garlic and nuts first into the blender, then add the rest of the pesto ingredients
- Blend the ingredients for 10 – 20 seconds, or until smooth
Preparing the salmon
- 2 salmon fillets (about 4 ounces each), rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup of rice wine
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- Place the salmon fillets in a glass baking pan
- Pour the rice wine and spread the chopped garlic on top of the fillets
- Cover the pan with a lid or foil and let the salmon marinate in refrigerator for 20-30min.
- Preheat over to 400°F
- Take out the marinated salmon and spread pesto mix on top of the salmon fillet
- Bake in the oven for about 13 minutes or until the fillet is cooked thoroughly
I like to complement the salmon dish with some greens, so either a salad, brussels sprout, etc. to make it a truly complete meal. Bon appetite!