Ever since I moved to San Francisco, I’ve been enjoying fresh avocados everyday. They are so much cheaper than in NY, and the farmer’s market avocados are always ripe and delicious!
Someone suggested baking eggs in avocado, which I felt was a great way to enjoy a rich and satisfying vegetarian meal. This recipe is super easy and only takes 15 minutes! It is quite filling, and I can just pair it with a salad for a complete meal.
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
1 ripe avocado
1 tablespoon chopped scallions
1/2 lemon wedge
Dash of sea salt and cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the avocados in half, and remove the pit. Scoop out about a tablespoon of flesh from the center.
- Place the avocados in a small baking pan. Make sure they’re stable so they won’t topple over.
- Squeeze some lemon on each of the avocado halves.
- Crack an egg into each of the avocado halves. Try your best to crack the yolk in first, then let the egg whites spill in to fill up the rest of the shell.
- Sprinkle scallions and cayenne pepper on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Bake until the egg white is cooked through, but the egg yolk is still runny.
- Remove from the oven, season with salt, and serve while hot!