I love a simple recipe that doesn’t require an a litany of ingredients. Maybe it’s because I tend to cook for myself, or because I am a purist and love to savor the natural taste of each fresh ingredient. That’s why shishito peppers are among my favorites. They taste amazing on their own, and with just 20 calories to a cup, they are a perfect snack! These peppers are also a great source of vitamins A and C.
Note: shishito peppers are NOT spicy, so if you want some kick, you can add cayenne or other chili peppers for taste.
Ingredients: (serving 1)
- 1 cup of fresh shishito peppers
- 1 tbsp of olive or sesame oil
- 1 lime wedge
- sea salt (optional)
- Wash the shishito peppers and pat dry
- Add 1 tbsp of oil into a skillet and heat the skillet in medium heat until hot.
- Add the shishito peppers into the hot skillet and cover. Toss the skillet in a circular motion with the lid on, so that the peppers cook evenly. You want them to be charred on one side.
- Let it cook for ~2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot and sprinkle lime on top. You can also add sea salt for taste.