Nothing like soups to warm you on a winter’s night. This cauliflower and mushroom soup recipe is super fast (~takes just 10 minutes) and healthy too!
Cauliflower, a cruciferous vegetable, is rich in antioxidant and phytonutrients. Mushroom, another nutrition powerhouse, will boost your immune system and is a great source of selenium and B vitamins.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-2 cups vegetable broth (depending on how thick you want your soup)
- 1 Tbsp cooking olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Saute the garlic and onion in a saucepan oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and mushrooms, saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock to the mix and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer until cauliflower is tender.
- Pour the soup into a blender. Blend until smooth (I use a vitamix and I blend for about 20 seconds on high). You can also blend at a lower speed if you want the soup to be chunky.
- Pour into bowl and season with salt and pepper for taste. (suggestion: drizzle some chili oil, before serving, for an extra kick)