I’ve been eating so many strawberries lately. They are all over farmers markets, and restaurants are serving up a healthy dose of strawberries in every dessert they are making. Similar to blueberries and raspberries, strawberries are a powerful source of antioxidants.
One easy and healthy way I like to add strawberries into my daily food is by adding it to oatmeal, yogurt, or chia seed pudding. Chia seed pudding is made from chia seeds and a nondairy milk of your choice. Chia seeds are also a powerful antioxidant packed with protein, omega-3 fatty acids and fiber.
Remember that strawberries are part of the dirty dozen with one of the most pesticides residue, so make sure you only buy organic.
Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding:
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups nondairy milk of your choice- check out my nondairy milk entry for tips
- 2 tbsp agave (or sweetner or your choice)
- 1 cup strawberries, cut
- Combine all the ingredients in a pint jar. Cover the jar with a lid and give it a vigorous shake. Don’t use the blender, since it will crush the chia seeds.
- Let chill for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Chia seeds will expand and turn into pudding the consistency of applesauce (it won’t get really thick).
- Serve with extra sliced strawberries on top.