We did a post a awhile ago on easy vegetarian recipes, where you can use vegetables readily available to you and customize the spice to your own preference. The vegetarian thai red curry is another example of such dish.
I use zucchini, carrots, onions, and mushrooms in the recipe. However, you can adapt this to whatever you prefer, such as adding potatoes or pumpkins for zucchini, or you can substitute with some hearty greens like bok choy or kale.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai Kitchen® Premium Fish Sauce
- 1 cup onions, cubed
- 1 cup of carrots, chopped
- 1 cup of zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Spices: curry powder, basil, cayenne pepper (~1 tbsp each)
- 2 cup of brown rice
- Cook brown rice in rice cooker, or a medium pot (~1 hr)
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and carrots to the skillet, cook for ~5 minutes
- Add the rest of vegetables, and coconut milk. Cook in medium heat until coconut milk boils.
- Stir in the red curry paste, bring to simmer on medium heat.
- Stir in the other spices and cook for another 1 minute, then add the cilantro.
- Remove from heat and serve hot over rice, Enjoy!