For foods rich in vitamin C, think greens (more on this in future entry). Vitamin C is important for everything from healthy skin, to immune system, to your bones. Below is a slightly different version of coleslaw where you use kale instead of cabbage…to increase the vitamin C and other antioxidant factor!
- 1 bunch of kale, center stem removed, cut into shreds
- 1 bell pepper of your choice, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon of agave (or honey, stevia, etc)
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Stir yogurt, oil, vinegar, and agave together in a bowl (or you can puree them in a blender).
- Toss kale, bell pepper and carrots together in salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add coleslaw mix and toss to coat.
- Pour dressing over vegetables just before serving.