Pumpkin season is in full bloom. So what is the best way to use up all those left over pumpkin seeds? Roast them! Pumpkin seeds are a great source of zinc, which is important for a healthy immune system and for vision. Pumpkin seeds are also rich in magnesium, iron and antioxidants.
There are a lot of ways to season pumpkin seeds: spicy, salty, sweet…or all of the above! I want to share my favorite ways…feel free to experiment with how much of each seasoning you prefer.
- 2 cups of pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- sea salt
- jalapeno powder
- ground nutmeg
- Preaheat oven to 300 F
- Clean up the pumpkin seeds by removing the pulp
- Pat dry all the seeds with paper towels- try to dry them thoroughly
- Toss pumpkin seeds in a bowl with the oil
- Add the sea salt and coat all the seeds evenly. Then, do the same with the rest of the seasonings.
- Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally so that they roast evenly.