Nothing screams healthy than quinoa and kale, but not only is this dish healthy but it is actually really tasty and filling as well. I also love that this is super easy to make (15 minutes and dinner is served)!
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of kale, chopped (option to use arugula or bok choy as an alternative)
- 2 garlics, mashed and chopped
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- olive oil or coconut oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook quinoa in a pot with water until it sprouts and ready to eat (~15 minutes). Follow the boiling/cooking instructions on the quinoa package.
- In the meantime, heat a pan with oil in medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add the garlic and let it cook for 10 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add the kale and shredded carrots. Cook for ~1 minute.
- Add the cooked quinoa and mix the ingredients together. Add sea salt, then seal the pan with a lid so the dish can simmer in low heat ~1 minute. Make sure you don’t overcook the kale.
- Stir the dish, and add pepper to taste. This can be served hot or cold. ENJOY!!!