Summer time = salad time. Aside from fresh ingredients, the key to making a delicious salad is in the dressing. I love mixing up different styles of salad dressings to add some variety into my daily salad routine.
While traditional ranch dressings are full of saturated fat (mayonnaise AND buttermilk?) and sodium, I like to make a yogurt-based version that is much lighter and healthier, while still retaining that creamy texture.
- 1 cups of greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of dill
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Whisk all the seasoning together in a bowl.
- Add fresh garlic to the greek yogurt in a large mixing bowl, then add the mixed seasoning to the yogurt. Whisk everything together x 30 seconds. Keep dressing in the refrigerator until ready to use.