Nothing cooks faster than a stir-fry dish and nothing is healthier than kale. So when I am busy and hungry, my quickest solution is to do a quick kale stir-fry that satisfies my stomach and my body.
The recipe below is pretty easy and only takes about 15 minutes to cook from preparation until serving. I added eggs in my dish, but you can also cook without them if you want an vegan option.
Ingredients: (serves 3)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil (you can also sub it with olive oil)
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped
- 1 cup of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp of tumeric
- 1 tsp of chili oil
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and chop all the vegetables.
- Heat a large wok or a frying pan with the coconut oil in low-medium heat.
- Add the sliced green onions into the wok, then break the eggs into the wok.
- Slowly let them cook until the egg white congeals. Stir the eggs occasionally like you are making scrambled eggs
- Add kale, cabbage, carrots into the mix.
- Season the mixture with salt (~1 tbsp) and tumeric. Gently mix and stir the content of the pan to mix the seasonings.
- Cover the pan and let it simmer for 1 minute
- Add pepper and chili oil into the mix and stir-fry x 5 seconds.
- Serve hot!