Warm weather often triggers my craving for cold beverages. Recently, I’ve been drinking a lot of iced matcha milk teas. Matcha is a finely milled green tea powder. Traditionally served during the Japanese tea ceremony and in ancient Chinese culture, it is trending back…You see it added to many modern food products, such as matcha noodles or matcha ice cream.
To stay healthy (and save some pretty pennies), I decided to make my own vegan version of the matcha milk tea…here it is:
- Soy milk, or your favorite milk substitute (1/2 cup)
- Matcha powder (2 teaspoon)
- Hot water, just boiled (1/3 cups)
- Ice (1 cup)
- Agave, or other sweeteners (1 tablespoon)
- Mix the matcha powder with the hot water, stir until the matcha powder are fully dissolved.
- Add the agave to the matcha mix. You can also use other sweeteners based on your preference.
- In a blender, add soy milk, ice and then the matcha mix. Blend in high until smooth. Enjoy!
We link up at: